JCC-Federation of San Luis Obispo
Supporting local Jewish organizations to help create a thriving Jewish community on the Central Coast of California
Goals of Community Grants:
- To encourage and enable local Jewish agencies to host broad community-based programs
- To support educational and enriching programs
- To inspire additional community support for these important initiatives, projects, and organizations
- Funds are to be used for programmatic purposes only with specific emphasis on those programs serving the general Jewish Community rather than any specific organization.
- Those programs targeting children, families, and the interfaith community will be viewed most favorably.
- Any local Jewish 501c-3 organization primarily serving the Jewish community of San Luis Obispo County.
- Exceptions may be made for campus or military-based organizations.
- Grants are awarded one time per year for up to $1,000 and must be used within a 12-month period.
- Applications are due to the JCC-Federation by March 15th
- All grant dollars must be spent within 12 months of receipt.
- All funding decisions will be made by the JCC-Fed Board of Directors and all decisions will be final. The Board, may request a private meeting with any grant applicant for clarification purposes.
- In order to qualify for a grant in excess of $500, the applicant must provide a copy of their operating budget, audit (if available), and other relevant financial documents. In addition, they must provide a copy of their mailing list (in any format). Additionally, attribution of the JCC-Federation as the funder of any project or program must be included in all promotional material.
- Organizations may apply for as many grants as they like but may only receive one grant per year.
- A written review upon completion of the program will be required
Community Grant applications of all dollar amounts must be accompanied by a detailed budget for the program.
Please submit your budget document in a pdf format
If your grant request is for $500 or more, additional documentation must be submitted, including: