Additional JFS Services
JFS seeks to respond to a variety of needs relating to:
- Education and Training - such as tuition, work tools/clothes, technology training, grooming for job, interview preparation, etc.
- Health and Safety - such as home repair, assistive devices, etc.
- Psych/Social Well-Being - such as bereavement counseling, spiritual counseling, etc.
- Family Support/Enrichment - such as camp scholarships, family retreats, a sewing machine, musical instrument repair, etc.
- Promotion of Jewish Values - such as paying for a bris, purchasing a menorah, providing help for a Jewish funeral, etc.
- Promotion of Volunteerism - such as Caring Callers, holiday baskets, etc.
- Jewish Resource List - Jewish life-cycle events or professional services are available to area residents.
JFS is pleased to partner with the Hebrew Free Loan Association of San Francisco (hflasf.org). This non-profit provides interest free personal and business loans to Jewish individuals to overcome challenges and pursue life dreams.
The non-profit Jewish Free Loan Association (jfla.org) has just expanded to Santa Barbara County. They help people of all races and religions with interest free, no fee personal and business loans.